Thursday, October 15, 2009

Routines

I have to have certain routines in my day. For example if I don't do things in a certain order I might forget something.

Take for example my shower routine:

1. Get the water to the right temperature

2. Get into the shower

3. Wash my hair

5. Put conditioner in my hair

6. Put noxema on my face

7. Wash my body

8. Rinse conditioner out of my hair

9. Rinse noxema off of my face

10. Rinse the rest of my body

11. Pat dry slightly

12. Put my hair up in the towel

13. Slather on lotion

14. Pull hair out of towel

15. Finish patting dry

Do you know what happens if I wash my body first? I have been know to put shampoo on my washcloth and body wash in my hair.

I have to get dressed a certain way, go to work a certain way, etc.

Not following routines has caused me once or twice to go to work without my glasses, without makeup (scary), without my jewelry, and even once recently without brushing my teeth (gross!) - no Dory I do not have a toothbrush and bottle of water in my car for just such an occasion ;) but I did have flossers in the car and some minty fresh gum.

I guess I am 'haunted' by routines. My whole day can be off if I don't follow certain routines.

Are there certain routines that you are 'haunted' by?

Stacy

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I can agree with the routine exactly! Like you, I find myself sticking to a pretty strict routine so I make sure everything gets done. My goal this year is to let go A LITTLE and enjoy more of those times with my family (i.e. not freaking out when I do forget something).

This was my first visit to your blog, but I think I am going to like it!

Becca said...

I am laid back, sometimes I think a little too much, but since I am a sahw, I have all day to get things done. Yeah, yeah, I know..spoiled.

Lena said...

Maybe if I had a routine in the morning I wouldn't forget to put on deodorant. hehe I like to put it on last, after I dress, so I won't get white marks on my close, but, I start to get in a hurry as I 'm getting dressed and I take one quick look in the mirror and run out the door. Thats why I keep some in my
desk. :0)

Dory said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Girl I am so sending you a toothbrush and toothpaste to keep in your car. (You can get your own bottle of water)