Sunday, October 4, 2009

Haunted

This is a continuation of Friday's post. You may have to read Friday's post forst to understand today's.

Something I took away from Women of Faith this year was this phrase: "If you don't have a few really good girlfriends, then get yourself some."

At that point in my life (just over 2 months ago) I had one close friend. ONE - Laurel She was it. Poor thing had to carry this burden all by herself!

Oh I had a lot of 'friends' but only one that I could call any time of the day or night and tell anything. And sadly we don't live close enough to just meet up at the local haunt for coffee and pie. We talk almost every day and some times several times a day, but we don't very often get to sit face to face together.

And if you have been reading for a while you might remember that a few weeks before Women of Faith, Laurel got really sick again. I was scared to death. What was I going to do without her? Who would I talk to? After hearing that phrase above, I was more afraid. I was suddenly haunted with loneliness.

So I decided to pray for another friend or two. Let me tell you folks, when God hears the desperate prayers of a lonely little girl crying out for a friend, he takes the ball and runs with it. All I had to do was knock on that door and He opened it for me.

Since that weekend, I have gotten close with 4 other women. In fact sometimes I think God has over blessed me. I went from only having one person to talk to, to not being able to keep up with everyone.

And that is a great blessing!

Stacy

2 comments:

Dory said...

One can never have too many friends. Ask, and you shall receive! :o)

Becca said...

And hey you...you have all of us to reach out to that is what we are friends to you, too! :-)