Monday, October 5, 2009

Homecoming 09

Homecoming was Saturday. We missed out on the parade and game Friday as it had rained all day. Turns out we should have actually gone to the game. The weather cleared up and it was a beautiful evening.

This is Teen and his girlfriend. Some of the girls were dressed up like it was prom. I can't imagine being the parent of a teen girl in today's time. These boys are breaking my bank and they don't have half of the upkeep of girls.

So how am I going to turn this post into something haunted? Hmmmm.....

I am haunted by the fact that my oldest baby boy is 16 and a Junior in high school. When did that happen? I am having a hard time imagining that he will be leaving me in less than 2 years. Did I teach him enough to make it on his own? Will he make good decision when I am not around to guide him?

Last summer (2008 not this past), I went to my mum's church one Sunday shortly before school started in the fall. Their worship team sings first and between songs they will give little snippets about their week and how God is working in their lives. So this Sunday one of them started talking about her daughter and how she was never going to go far away for school. But then something changed and she decided to go to this college about 6 hours away. It is a Christian college and she was proud of her. But it was killing her that her oldest daughter was leaving.

My mum looks over at me and the tears are running down my face. She asked me what was wrong and I told her that TJ was going to be leaving soon. I still had 3 years at that point.

I have no idea how I am going to handle him leaving in 2 years. Guess this is something that will haunt me again and again with the other 2 also.

Stacy

3 comments:

Becca said...

You have raised a great boy and I am sure when the time comes, you will be ready and he will be ready to spread his wings and move on to the next chapter in his life. And the picture of him and his girlfriend is adorable!

meg said...

You pray, you remind yourself that this is what you raised them to do- go off on their own to make a life- you cry a little, & you give them up to God- they are really His, after all.
The hard part is stopping yourself from jumping in to save them at every foolish error- harsh as it sounds, it's not your business or problem anymore, & the only way they will learn & grow is to do it on their own.
{Hugs}

Jen said...

I have about 7 months left with Matt... then he will fly the coop and go off to school.

Meg gave great advice. I need to follow it!