Friday, November 6, 2009

November 6

Holy moly it is cold out there. We went to the last football game of the year. I hardly made it through the first quarter before I was so stinkin cold I wanted to leave.

We stayed until half-time, watched the band play and then left. Poor Teen had to stay until the end of the game.

My fingers are tingling as the warmth is coming back to them.

Anyhow, remember the other day when I was talking about my job and how boring it is? Well today the boss called me in at the end of the day and cut my hours in half.

I am both glad and sad. I am glad that I don't have to sit there and be bored out of my mind while not allowed to do anything. But I am sad that the holidays are approaching and we will now be short on money. The older ones understand, it's the little one that will be disappointed.

The part that stinks is the way they set up my hours now. I will be working from 10 - 2 Mon - Fri. Can't get anything done before work and can't do anything after.

I know, seems like I just can't be happy. I would have rather been completely laid off so I could collect unemployment and have more time to interview and such.

So I will put it all in God's hands. He is in control and I am sure he will direct me where to go next.

On a lighter note, tomorrow is Band day at Univ. of Pittsburgh. They invite the local school bands to come and participate in a pre-game parade and the half-time show. Hubby is going down with Teen to the game with me and the other two stay home, nice and warm and watch the game. So if you tune in to the Pitt vs Syracuse game tomorrow, you might get a glimpse of Teen on the field.

Have a great night. I am going to take a nice hot bath to finish getting warmed up.

Stacy

1 comment:

Chris said...

I wish this position had turned out better. Just seems to be going from bad to worse. So sorry. Maybe you can use the extra time to investigate other job opportunities. I'll be praying...

Hope Teen has a great experience at the game!