Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 22

My answer to yesterdays post.

About a year ago in an interview I was asked: Have you ever stolen anything from your employer?

This is how I answered:

Well to be quite honest haven't we all? If you are asking about big items like computers, furniture, money, etc. Then I can honestly say no. However, if you are asking if I have ever taken anything, then I would have to answer yes. I have taken pens or paper clips or sticky notes. I can't imagine anyone ever working in an office and not ever taking anything.

Not sure if I answered that they way they wanted or not, but that is what came to mind and I said it. I am usually one that would think about how to answer interview questions, but that one I just blurted out.

I never got called back even though they said they would. Perhaps I was a little too honest for them?

Stacy

3 comments:

Becca said...

Honesty is always the best policy.

BEK said...

LOL!

White Hot Magik said...

I think you answered right. However I would assume it is the quantity that matters. Like I took a rubber band home the other day. I also bring some small things I use. Maybe if they are real sticklers that isn't a job you would want anyway.