Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you?

Today is a day in America's history that many wish we could change and I think we all wish that it hadn't happened.

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out about the attacks.

I remember what I did, who I called and how I prayed.

I was worried, as we all were, and we turned to the internet, turned on the TV and tuned into our radio's to see what was going on.

I remember when the plane hit in Shanksville how I was so worried about my parents who live not too very far from there.

This was one of those times in history that forever our generation will recall where we were and what we were doing.

The previous generation always talked about where they were when President Kennedy was shot.

The generation before that was Pearl Harbor.

I fear for the next generation coming up and wonder where they will be when ____ happens.

So my question to you today is this: What other event in recent history can you so vividly recall that you can remember all about that day? Where were you? What were you doing? What was your reaction?

Stacy

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was feeding Garrett and watching the Today Show when 9/11 happened. I bawled my eyes out and prayed for my children's future as I watched.

I was walking on the treadmill at the fitness center when they announced JFK Jr's plane had gone down. I cried then, too.

I had just walked in the door after a miserable blind date when the news broke of Princess Di's death. I cried and prayed for her kids that night.

And I was sitting in Mr. Diekmann's science class when the space shuttle Challenger exploded live on TV as we all watched. I don't remember crying, but I was so glad that Mr Diekmann wasn't the teacher who was on that mission.

I've been teary all day today, thinking about 09/11/01.