Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy Week

I apologize for being so lack in the last week, but I have been overwhelmed with VBS and everything else that was going on. So I will recap the past week.


Sunday was an exciting day here. We had a baptismal service at our church. All of the boys were sprinkled as babies and dedicated to the church. Tween decided a few weeks ago that he was going to be baptized. It was a wonderful service. And of course I cried.


Monday was the start of Theatre Camp for Tween. It was from 9:00 - 3:30 every day at the local college. After I dropped him off, it seemed that the day was on fast forward from that point on.


Moday was also the start of VBS. After dropping Tween off, we went to the church to set up. Our theme was Amazon Adventure so we had a lot to do to make the church look like a jungle. That evening I have no idea what I did the entire 2-1/2 hours I was there, but I never sat still. I was running around crazy the whole time.


Tuesday was the same routine, but it was also Teen's Birthday. He turned 15! So now the countdown to driving begins. LOL


Wednesday-Thursday was the same routine.


Friday was the last day of both Theatre Camp and VBS. Tween had a performance that night, but due to VBS committments I was unable to attend. However, hubby and his mom both went and recorded it for me. He did a great job and I am so proud of him!


For VBS I had made all of the powerpoint presentations for the week so I was busy with that each day. There were just little things that needed tweaked here and there. And Friday morning, the Director gave me a CD of all of the pictures from the week which I then made into a slide show for that evening.


Saturday was the Teens birthday. We had a small family party for him and then they all swam for a little while. My mum, step-dad and grandma came in from Pgh.


That evening we had a birthday/house warming party to go to for a friend in Ohio (really only 20 min away).


Sunday after church we made plans to get the kids to Church camp for the week. I usually go with them and drop off and pick up, but I had a terrible headache so I asked someone else to drive and I layed down. We didn't do much else. Watched a few movies and just hung out.


Monday we cleaned up the church and tore down all of the VBS stuff. I did some running of errands and then just kind of relaxed the rest of the day. I didn't even get dinner, I cheated and went to Taco Bell.


Today I have NOTHING to do. I have a few errands that need run, but nothing too big.

Here are a few pics from VBS:




This was the big slide that was rented for recreation on the first day. This is a treat just on the first day.


This is Teen on his 15th Birthday. He was such a big help during the week. He ran all of the power points for me when I couldn't.



This is Tween on Inside Out/ Backwards/ Upside Down Day. We had to pin the shirt in the back so it wouldn't fall down.



This is Little S making some kind of silly face. He had a blast all week.

The teens put on a small skit each night. This was our stage for the Amazon Adventure.
And this is me. Check out the flippers on my feet. LOL I was talking about water & the great flood. This is what the book told me to wear. Believe me, I wouldn't have come up with that on my own. But I had a blast each night also!
Sorry I didn't get to do a brief rundown each night as I had planned, but it was so hectic.
Stacy

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a lot of work but it sounds like you (and of course the kids) had a fabulous time! Thank you for posting the pics of your cute boys and of cute you!

Dory said...

Well.... aren't you a hoot? :o) LOVE the outfit...

Sounds like it was a week well-spent, even if you were terribly busy. It was a GOOD busy, though. Right?

Jen said...

Yay!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos! I am glad that VBS week was a fun one - even if it wore you out! :)
Your kids are so beautiful! And so are you. Your big smile made me instantly think "wow, if I were to meet her on the street, we'd become fast friends." It looks like a fun time was had by all.
I am so glad you posted these photos.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I'm tired just reading about it! LOVE your outfit!LOL I never would have thought to wear those teaching about the flood.. cool idea. Hope you get a few moments to just breathe this week!!
hugs,
Jean

Becca said...

You look too cute! Looks like you had a fabulous week! Hope that the 4th is wonderful!

meg said...

Exhausting, I know, but it looks like everyone had a great time (great outfit, btw :-D )