Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16

Today's Prompt: What's your greatest fear?

I have a lot of fears.

Some of these stem from experiences and others I just can't figure out.

Spiders - I think I can trace back to when I was a little girl and my grandma told me to slowly slide off of the arm chair and come to her and then my pappap killed a big spider that was just over my head moments earlier.

Public speaking - I am not sure what makes me so afraid to speak in front of others. It can even be people I know and it still makes me sick to do it. Cotton mouth, upset stomach, shakes, you name it.

Losing someone close to me without saying good-bye - I am not sure what brought this on. Perhaps it because the first real death that I understood was my dad dying of cancer when I was just a few weeks shy of 19. By the time my dad passed I was ready for it as he had suffered for so long I couldn't stand it any longer. I think when you lose someone that close so young it makes you think a lot about death. I used to fear that something would also happen to my mum after that. I would have terrible dreams and have to call her at all hours to make sure she was okay.

Something happening to my children - I think this also stems from losing my dad at a young age. When we had a miscarriage with our third child this fear became a reality.

Public Restrooms - I am not sure where this one comes from but I CAN.NOT stand to use them. I will avoid them at all costs. I have been know to go 10+ hours because there wasn't access to a private bathroom.

What are some of your fears?

Stacy

2 comments:

Becca said...

We are alot alike, but the bathroom thing, when I gotta go, I gotta..

Shannon said...

I think most of my fears are fairly normal....I worry about losing someone I love, something terrible happening to those I love, and letting those around me down.