Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4

Today I am Thankful for my new JOB!!! That's right I am now once again gainfully employed.

I got the call yesterday that they would like me to come to work for them. So now that you know I am employed, lets get into the nitty gritty.

I will be working in an Orthodontist office as a chair side assistant or Patient Manager as they like to say, makes me sound more important right? I will be changing wires, helping with taking molds, sterilizing instruments, and whatever else the dr needs.

So how do you go from being a bean counter to working with people in a dental office? I have felt for sometime now that I need to work with people. I thought I wanted to work with the elderly, but so many of you have told me I should be working with kids. Guess you were right as most of the patients that come in there are kids.

Want the good or bad first? The bad, ok. Some days I will have to work late or go in really early. The salary is a little lower that I wanted to start at but will be brought up upon completion of probationary period.

The good. I will have most fridays off once I am trained. I get to work with people again and not just numbers in a box. I get to take classes and learn something new. I get to work with kids and can talk to people all day. The doctor is a Christian and is currently on his way back from a mission trip. I get to talk to people through out the day - did I say that already...lol

I have heard so many good things about the doctor and what he does for the community. He provides mouth guards to all of the schools for every sport. Water bottles also. Twice a year he rents out the skating rink just for his patients and thier friends and family.

The only bad thing I heard and this isn't all that bad, he is a perfectionist. As long as you can work for that type of person you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks everyone for praying for me.

Stacy

6 comments:

Jen said...

I am SO HAPPY for you! Hooray!!! I hope you love your new career!

Tracie said...

Yea on the new job!! That's great! I hope you absolutely LOVE it!

Guinevere said...

WOW! That's GREAT news!!! Congrats!

Becca said...

Congrats on the job.

Shannon said...

Wooo hooooo! God is GOOD! I'm so excited for you!

VENTL8R said...

That'll come in handy when it's time for the chitlins to get all wired up!