Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November 12

So I started the new job today. I am exhausted and overwhelmed. There is SO much to learn. I have never worked in the healthcare field before, so this is all new to me. There are so many terms and equipment names to learn.

I think for every question and answer that I get I have 5 more questions. I have a huge text book to learn and several pages of codes.

But I am Thankful for again having a place of employment. There are so many in the area here that are still unemployed and currently being laid off that I am blessed to have gotten this position.

God surely does work in mysterious ways. I had been applying to office positions for the past month and a half, had been signed up with 2 different Temp services and went on countless interviews and Nothing.

I had prayed that God would put me in a position where I would be able to work with people. especially either the elderly or children. For a while now I have felt that I was not in the place that God wanted me to be.

Although I am very overwhelmed at the time, I know that this is where God wants me. The doctor is so nice, he is a Christian, and is dedicated to the local community and the people of El Salvador.

Thank you again for all of the prayer support that all of you have given me.

Stacy

5 comments:

Dory said...

Do NOT let yourself get overwhelmed! It will take time to learn all about that stuff.... but you'll be FINE. When you have a moment, ask some of the others how they felt when they first started. I bet it wasn't much different than how you're feeling now. Hang in there. You CAN do it.

Shannon said...

I know a new job can be overwhelming but just keep Jerm. 29:11 in mind. This is HIS plan for you and HE knows (and so do I) that you can do it! Hang in there sweet friend!

BEK said...

The fact that you have questions means your brain is willing to learn! I am so happy that you have a job!!! Prayers are being sent your way.

Jen said...

I am proud of you for stepping outside the comfort zone and attempting something new.
You will succeed, Stacy. I just know you will.

meg said...

Feeling overwhelmed is perfectly natural, especially since you're doing something completely different. It will get easier- promise! Besides, you have all of us praying & pulling for you :-)