Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November 26

Tomorrow is the big Turkey Day. We are having about 17 people here. Crazy Right?

Last night hubby made 2 pumpkin cheesecakes. Tonight he will make the regular pumpkin pies.

I have several favorite food that I love to have for the holiday. If I could have both hubby's family and my family here at the same time I would be in heaven filled with my favorite foods.

* My absolute favorite pie in the world is my Mum's Pumpkin pie.



My mum usually makes the pies from scratch. And when I say scratch, I mean fresh pumpkins bought on a farm that she has cleaned, baked and frozen herself. No canned pumpkin for her. She also makes the crust from scratch not frozen or pre-made shells.

In the past several years she has taken some shortcuts, but there is something different about her pies that I just love. I have never tasted any as good as hers or that even come close. It must be all the fresh ingredients that make it taste so good.

* The favorite thing that my Mother-in-law makes is her noodles.



The picture does not do them justice at all. I think she boils the noodles in the broth from the turkey. Let me tell you, they are the best noodles I have ever eaten. Holiday dinners on hubby's side just aren't complete without them.

* Hubby's brothers wife always brings Strawberry Pretzel Salad to dinner.



Need I say anything else about this?

I am Thankful for all of these favorite foods and more as we share a family meal together.

What is your favorite food(s) for Thanksgiving? You know, the one that you just have to have or it isn't the same.

Stacy

Updated to add the Following Recipe:

PRETZEL SALAD

2 CUPS CRUSHED PRETZELS
3/4 CUPS MELTED MARGARINE
4 TBSP. SUGAR

MIX AND PLACE IN 9x13 INCH PAN. BAKE AT 400 FOR 6 MINUTES. LET COOL

8 oz. CREAM CHEESE
1 CUP SUGAR
1 (16 oz) COOL WHIP

MIX TOGETHER AND SPREAD OVER COOLED CRUST.

6oz. STRAWBERRY JELLO
2 CUPS BOILING WATER
20 oz. FROZEN STRAWBERRIES

LET THICKEN, THEN POUR OVER CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE AND REFRIGERATE.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Stacy, I LOVE that strawberry/pretzel stuff! Do you think your sis-in-law would let you share the recipe with me?
Happy Thanksgiving!

Tracie said...

Oh man! Jen stole my comment! LOL

Could I get it too?

Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweet friend! Hope you have a fabulous day with your family!
Blessings to you,
Shannon