Saturday, June 13, 2009

Camp

I have to say that one of my favorite things to do in the summer is to camp. No not camping in a tent like my friend Lucky Dorito, but camping in a camper with all the basic amenities. My MIL has her camper set up in a nice quiet little campground. One of her neighbors is couple she goes to church with and another is some friends of theirs. She has been going here about 3 years now.
Camping to me is quiet, peaceful and relaxing. I would rather go camping than to a hotel somewhere. I can let the kids run around, ride their bikes and just be kids and not worry too much.



My absolute favorite part of camping is sitting around the campfire. Even in the middle of a hot afternoon. I love it. Hearing stories, telling stories and getting to know other people. Most of the people at this camp are much older and retired or semi-retired. I have always loved to listen to their stories. I also love to just sit in the quiet sometimes and watch the fire and listen to nature. The birds, leaves in the trees, little bugs buzzing by and of course crickets and frogs.

Little S was just cracking us up today. First he wanted to go lay down and take a nap. (Yeah right, more like he wanted to go snoop around in the camper..lol) So he went in and laid down. About 10 minuted later he came running back over to where we were all sitting.


So he asked us what happened while he was gone. Harry a fellow camper answered him:
Little S: So, what did I miss?
Harry: Nothing.
Little S: Well, what were you doing?
Harry: We were watching the grass grow.
Little S: What channel is it on?
I thought we were going to pee our pants laughing at him. What a crack up that kids is.
This campground also boards horses. There is a pasture across the road with a wooden fence that runs the length of the road and then just electric fence along it and on the other 3 borders. Last year Hubby took Little S over to see the horses. He kept telling him not to touch the wire, but he touched it as he was climbing the wooden post and got zapped. He was fine.
As we were leaving today I asked him this:
Me: Hey Little S, want to go over and see the horses?
Little S: No
Me: Why not?
Little S: Cause the fence is allergic and I will get shocked.
We just all started to crack up again. What a hoot! I think he meant electric....lol
He certainly keeps us laughing.
Stacy

1 comment:

Becca said...

What a funny boy!