Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another Day

As I read Lucky Dorito this morning, I realized that we are in similar situations right now. We are both uncertain of our future employment. (Although she has a lot more riding on her end.)

When I got up this morning, I prayed that God would take me and use me in His will with my next job. I prayed that He would show me what He wanted me to do next.

For a while at my last job, I had wondered if I was where God wanted me to be. (I am thankful for my time there and so glad that the owners son accepted Christ. In fact he was baptized the same evening as Tween.) But while I was working there, I always felt that God wanted me some place else. When the opportunity came up for me to take a layoff, I took it so that God could move me into His will.

This verse popped into my head this morning as I read of Dory's situation:

Jer 29:11 - “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Wow - what a powerful verse. So from today until we both are where God wants us to be at this season of our lives, I am praying this prayer for us. Do you also need it prayed for you? Let me know and I will add you to the prayer.

Stacy

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Jerm. 29:11 is my life verse. It's the one that I have clung to during all stressful and uncertain times in my life. It's such a wonderful promise of God's faithful and desire to bring us a future.

I'm praying for you today my sweet friend and know that God will show you exactly where He wants you to be!

Jen said...

You have so many natural talents and gifts - especially where kids are concerned. Reading your stories about how you handle the daily interactions with your kids impresses me to no end.
You are a nurturer... a caregiver... a role model.
You have so much to offer (as does Dory) and I pray that you both end up in jobs that bless not only those your work for/with, but jobs that bless the two of you as well!

Dory said...

I find it amazing - the support and friendship we've created here in this crazy cyberspace. Thank you for the prayers.... and reminding me of the verse.

White Hot Magik said...

I feel like I have been praying to find my place for a long time. On one hand I think it is right where I am, but then financially it seems so irresponsible. I need to go walking again in the mornings, it seems like that quiet time with God listening to praise music really helped keep me centered and knowing my place in his will more. I have confidence he will show you the way also. I'll pray for you and dory too to find your places.