Thursday, May 13, 2010


Teen is now a licensed driver. WooHoo! He passed on the first try. The hardest part of the test in these parts of the woods is the parallel parking. And for the life of me (and many others) I can't figure out why you have to parallel park to pass your test. I actually think that the permit (written part) test is much harder to pass.

I am so glad that prom is only once a year. I don't think I slept at all last weekend. Well maybe a few hours.

We started out Friday afternoon by going to W*Mart to get prom pictures, then to Taco Bell for late lunch as dinner wasn't until 8:30 pm, then back here for pictures and on to Grand March.

Prom was until midnight and then the school sponsored and after-prom until 2am. The kids left about 1am and headed back here to crash. The boys in Teen's room and his girlfriend and I in the living room (the other girl went home).

I have to mention how much I love our florist. Look how great the flowers matched her dress. Plus they put the flowers on a bracelet that she can keep long after prom.

We got back up bright and early Saturday as Teen had to run an early errand. The kids then went out on J's uncles boat for a while. It was cold and rainy and windy. Even though the boat has a cabin (with kitchenette, living room and bath) it was still too cold and choppy to do much and the fish weren't biting at all. As they were tarping the boat the wind kicked up and took Teen's Steelers hat and fishing license right out into the water. lol

They all came back here and crashed for a few hours, ate and then headed out to midnight bowling. It ended at 2 am so I was again up late.

Sunday morning we were up bright and early again for church.

Everyone had a great time and I am almost caught up on my sleep.
Lots more soon!


Becca said...

Sounds like a great time!

Anonymous said...

Did he ever get his hat and license?


Chris said...

Looks like a fun group! And as small town papers here say "fun was had by all." :)

Shana said...

Sounds like great fun, although busy