Saturday, February 21, 2009

The other day Teen and I were discussing his new girlfriend and whether or not she went to church. She recently moved here from Florida and is looking for a church to go to. I told him he was welcome to invite her to our church.

A few days later she spent the day here and I also asked her if she would like to join us for church and that I would be willing to pick her up for service if she wanted to come along. She said that she would think about it, but that she was looking for a Catholic church.

Later that evening, Teen and I were talking and he was excited that she was even looking for a church. I tried to explain to him that there were several differences between our beliefs and those of Catholics. Naturally he asked me to name a few. The following is the conversation that we had.

Me: Well, one big difference is that they prayed to Mary.
Teen: Really? That is great!
Me: Huh, what is so great about praying to Mary?
Teen: Well, if they are praying to Mary then they are sure about their future spouse before they commit!
Me: Uh, son, that is not the Mary I am talking about.

Of course after I explained it to him, we both started laughing we never really finished the conversation. LOL

Have a great day!

Stacy

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh those kind of teen age conversations. Am I supposed to be glad I don't have them?